Sunday, June 7, 2009

Hey Stranger!

It has been a long several weeks. May came and went with a blink of an eye. We started May with the Revlon Walk. It was so awesome to see so many people, 55,000 people walked that day. My family and I walked among thousands of cancer survivors. I was in awe of these women. It was a very touching experience.

Mid May brought a little damper on my mood. I was pink-slipped!! Basically I was bumped by someone with more seniority. I was able to choose to use my seniority to bump someone or to take the layoff. Naturally I chose to bump. Basically it just means I won't be working at my school site. I'll be elsewhere. The principal told me to hang tight and she'll have me back within two weeks. So, we'll see where I end up. In the meantime, I have my first credential so I can actually now have my own classroom. This little bump in the road just forced me to go out and put in applications. I've applied for 21 special ed positions in the next city over. Keep me in your prayers that I get called for an interview.

The end of May was quiet. We did not get to go to the river. Unfortunatley I had to attend a workshop for school. I was floored that it was scheduled the weekend of Memorial Day. But, I think I'm done with all the 'extras' that I needed for my credential. Thank goodnesss.

It's June now. I'm really looking forward to the last day of school. We have 4 days and then it's summer vacation. It will be a busy week getting the kids here and there for last of the year activities.

The weather has been different. The sun is shining and the wind is blowing, but every once in a while we get a few sprinkles. It hasn't been hot enough to jump in the pool.

I will be having surgery June 18th. I will be in the hospital for 3 days so I will need some good reading material. I've almost depleated my stack on my nightstand. If any of you have any recommendations on some good books, pass them along. I'm suppose to be laying down for one week and then taking it easy for another 5. I will have quite a bit of time to do some reading.

Miss you all,
Xoxo,
Marlo

3 comments:

Angie said...

I've been waiting for an update! I didn't know you were having surgery....sorry to hear about your job too. I hope you'll find something. Big hugs! Miss you tons.

StmpnShell said...

Hoping the surgery goes well for you! Rest!!

Lisa said...

I hope all goes well, and you will be happy you had the surgery.