Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Revlon Walk

This year my two sisters, Natalie and Renee, my daughter Valerie and my cousin Leslee will be participating in the Revlon Walk for Women. It's a 5K walk that will take place on May 9th, the day before Mother's Day.

We have tried over the years to do this but something usually came up. Time was always a factor. However, cancer has no time. The fight against cancer is NOW.

As many of you know, I lost my mother to breast cancer in 1994. She was only 41 years old. It's been a long 15 years without her. We know she is in a better place and as a Christian woman, I know that I will see her again someday. In the meantime, raising money to help find a cure is an important part of my family's life. I know that I want to be around longer to see all my children get married and have a family of their own. I want my grandchildren to live healthy, cancer free lives.

I have a dear friend who is fiercely fighting cancer. She is a strong woman with such great talent and big heart. The Revlon walk is for all cancers that women may face. Shauna, or UCLA as I call her, needs us to help fight with her and for her. She has an amazing story, each day is a journey for her. Please, if you can donate anything, no amount is too little, please donate.

You can go to www.revlonwalk.com, click on raise money. Then click on make a donation. You can look me up by my name, Marlo Knox and my bib#36825. Or simply click http://www.revlonrunwalk.com/la/raisefunds/makeadonation.htm

Remember, any donation is more than no donation.

If you would like to read about Shauna and the wonderful person she is, go to the side bar and click on her name.

Thank you for you love, support, prayers and donations.
xoxo,
Marlo

No comments: