Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas Craziness

These were my Christmas cards this year. And yes, I did get them out. The last 5 years I have made Christmas cards and never sent them out. This time it was a challenge. My friends challenged me to get them sent out BEFORE Christmas. Jim even jumped in and made a bet with me. He would give me a $3000 check if I got them out on time. LOL, he should know better than to add MULAH to the mix. This check was an unexpected surprise...bonus. He had definite plans with it. Well, that pretty little check was ALL MINE. But, first we paid off a bill. The rest was mine to do as I please. Don't worry though, Jim has $100 in his wallet. I was generous!























No, I haven't spent it. Jim and I have had our eyes on a few goodies, so I think we'll spoil ourselves this time around. But, it was fun to take on the challenge and to get my cards out.

Now, if you didn't get a card from me, it's because I didn't have your address. But, one of my plans for 2009 is to get my address book in order so I can send out beautiful handmade cards. Don't laugh! I'm being serious.
















Christmas Eve is always spent at my dad's house, about 1 1/2 hours away from where I live. We get there around 9ish and leave about 2ish. This year my family arrived well after 10 p.m. We attended a Christmas Eve service at church before heading down. We had a wonderful time, a great dinner, tons of laughs and wonderful gifts. My kids look forward to Christmas Eve every year. This year there were 39 of us crammed into dad's little house.


















Every year we play the White Elephant Game. We usually let the kids join in, however this year it was adults only. This is probably the funnest event of the evening. Us adults got a little carried away this year. I won't mention names...(Esther, Kendra, Alex, Erica LOL). It was alot of fun.

Here we are getting ready for the crazy game. There were 21 adults playing.

















Once again the kids were spoiled by all. We were truly blessed to have another great Christmas Eve.
























Christmas time is a bitter sweet time for my family. My mother loved Christmas. She hosted Christmas Eve every year. Dad has kept up that tradition. My mom loved to sing Christmas Carols, especially The 12 Days of Christmas. Her part was, "5 Golden Rings!" Off key of course. Our last Christmas with mom was 1993. She was sick and pretty much laid on the couch while the rest of us took care of things. Mom always made Christmas a special time for us. I'm blessed that my dad and Esther have kept up mom's tradition. Dad and Esther go out of their way to make us all feel that special Christmas spirit and to let us know we are truly loved and appreciated. Although mom isn't here to celebrate with us, her love and spirit continues to feel our hearts and homes.


Merry Christmas Mom!


Merry Christmas to my wonderful family and friends.

XOXO, Marlo











3 comments:

Team Immel said...

Sounds like a wonderful Christmas Marlo. and I love seeing photos of you and your hubby together. you are a beautiful couple! cheers! xoxox Shauna

Anonymous said...

well i was a witness and a receiptant to those christmas cards. thnx marlo. i'm glad u r gonna spoil jim and u with that $$$. have a great new year!

lynda
wcc

Anonymous said...

Looks like your Christmas was merry! Happy New Year to you and yours. Oh man, now I'm under the gun to get a workshop together while you're still on vacation??? Don't know if that'll happen, but I'll sure let you know about the next one.
Congrats on your GRADUATION!!!! YEAH MARLO!! That's terrific news!
I'm so happy for you. Much love to you in the new year.