Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Where do I begin?

The last two months have flown by and I have no clue where they went. Life has been busy, but good. We ended October on a fun note with Nathaniel celebrating his first Halloween. What fun it was to see him in his costume go from door to door with his daddy. After about an hour though, he was pooped out, not to mention his lion mane was very heavy for him.

November was a busy month. We began by celebrating our 16th wedding anniversary. I can't believe it's been 16 years. Seems like we were just 22 years old getting married and getting to know eachother. It has really been a wonderful 16 years. I don't think I could have asked for a better husband and soulmate. He is everything I could have wanted and more. What's that saying? "HE COMPLETES ME?" Well, I would have to agree. Jim, completes me.

Two days later we celebrated Valerie's 21st birthday. My goodness where did the time go? It seemed like yesterday she was four years old. It has been a wonderful 21 years. I have to admit, she gave me very little headaches. I think she was a headache around the age 15 and 16. Not to bad though. Today I have to say I'm very proud of the young lady she has become. She has matured so much. I enjoy our ADULT conversations...when did she grow up??? She amazes me everytime I see her. Our relationship has always been great, but now it's a greater blessing and so much more than I would have imagined. We celebrated her birthday with the family at Acapulco's. She was planning on having some drinks. Crazy girl!
A week later it was Jim's 39th birthday. Wow, 39! I remember when he looked like a boy at 21. LOL. Jim never wants anything big for his birthday, usually just dinner and something simple at home. Next year though, he's getting a big shabang.


We celebrated Thanksgiving here at home with the kids and the in-laws. I hadn't cooked Thanksgiving dinner in a few years so it was nice to have the opportunity this year. I actually like staying home on the holidays. I need to start making my own traditions with my kids and grandbaby. Soon.
We took Nathaniel to the park and did a little photo shoot. We wanted some pics for his birthday invites. We had a blast watching him play. I took over a hundred pics. I had the easy part. Poor Daniel had to edit them. Thank goodness he's a professional photo editor. BTW, these ones are not edited. Nathaniel looks so much like my son James. It's unreal how much they are alike.

We finished off November by celebrating my niece Samantha's 16th birthday and my newphew Joshua's 10th birthday. Too many November birthdays. Can you say BROKE!!

I have a ton more to post about, but I'll give your eyes a rest for now. My December has been even crazier that November. I will update soon. Promise.

Thanks for checking in on me...xoxo, Marlo

1 comment:

Team Immel said...

ooh i love what you've done with your blog!!! very festive!

love the pix of you and your dh! congrats on 16 years! what an accomplishment!

and your grandson...wow!! what a cutie! great photos!!!! love them!!

happy bday to your dd and the rest of the fam.

love to you and happy holidays!

xoxox