Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Graduation and the Big 40!!

Just like everyone else, December has been a busy month for us. Seems like it's parties, and parties and more parties. I'm partied out.
December 13th I finally graduated from Azusa Pacific University. It was the longest 18 months of my life, but so worth it. I'm so grateful to have a husband and children that support me and encourage me to follow my dreams. My extended family; dad, brothers, sisters, in-laws, etc., have also been a great support team. I have about a month and a half break from school until I start my master's program, Feb. 2. Whew...another 18 months of intense work. However, I'm looking forward to it.


After graduation, my sister Natalie and her husband Steve, threw me a 40th birthday party. Yup, you read right. THE BIG 40!!! Do I feel 40? Nah, not one bit. My party was an 80's themed party and yes, it was required that we dress. LOL A great time was had by all. I must say, my family all dressed up, even my brothers. It was a nice evening and a nice way to be honored by my family. I am one lucky gal.
Now to finish the Christmas season and get some time to RELAX!

xoxo,

2 comments:

Team Immel said...

Happy 40th Girlfriend! Love the 80's themed party! you do not look happy with that cake/frosthing on your face though! Hope all of your bday wishes came true. congrats on the graduation too. you look fantastic in your cap and gown! xoxo

ali said...

CONGRATS on your graduation Marlo! That is AWESOME! And Happy Belated Birthday! Big hugs to you!