Sunday, July 31, 2011

Sexy Summer Invite & Stampin' Royalty Challenge #82

We've had some crazy summer storms over the weekend. Rain, wind, lightening, thunder, and a bit of hail. Worst part of it, we lost all Internet, cable, and phone service for about 20 hours. Then we lost power for close to 9 hours. Once all the utilities were back on this morning I needed something to cheer me up. Searching blogs always does that to me. Stampin' Royalty's current challenge is to create a card, scrapbook layout, 3D project or digital design related to summer. With all the rain and yucky weather I really needed a reminder that it was still summer, after all.


This first picture was with the camera flash on. The second was with the flash off.


All the card stock and patterned paper (bikini) were scraps from my latest projects. The sand paper is from my husband's garage. The beach towel is a scrap of fabric left over from a quilt project. I just frayed one edge to make it look like fringe. The sun, sky, and water were sponged.



One of the things I like to do is to make sure the inside of my cards are just as cute as the outside. I sponged the sand, water, and sun. Then I stamped a sand castle and seashell. Lastly, I drew a double line all the way around the card stock.


This picture shows the dimension of the bikini girl, tanning lotion and sand. The bikini girl is popped up using Stampin' Dimensionals by SU!

Card recipe:
Cardstock and patterned paper - SU!
Ink, journal writer, stampin' dimensionals, and dazzling diamond glitter - SU!
Copic markers used in bikini girl
You're invited stamp - SU!
Bikini girl, sand castle, seashell, tanning lotion stamps - Hanna Stamps
Bird stamp - unknown
Sandpaper and fabric scrap

Be sure to head on over to Stampin' Royalty and check out all the wonderful entries from so many talented ladies.

Thanks for looking.
Happy stampin' & scrap pin',
Marlo



Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: