Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Sympathy Challenged

I love card making and trying to have a wide assortments of cards on hand. I even bought a really nice spinning card rack from a gift shop that was closing. This rack holds up to 175 cards...hahaha, and I must say, it's filled.

Yesterday, one of the teachers got word that her father passed away. One of the gals in my department said she would go out and purchase a card. Instead, I offered to bring one from home, from my card rack. After all, I have 175+ right at my fingertips.

I searched and was certain I had a 'sympathy' card, but to no avail did I find one. With very little time available I needed to get one made. I had no time to design something or be overly creative so I searched many of the blogs I peruse and came across a wonderful sketch. It was perfect and I didn't have to spend time coming up with a design because some wonderful person already did it for me.



Isn't this a wonderful sketch design? I found it at Inkspiations Challenge.

This is what I came up with.


These scraps were left over from a previous 'get well' card that I made for another co-worker. The photo does not do the card or colors justice. The inside of the card looks like this...



I had so much fun making this card and it was so quick to get done thanks to Inkspiration Challenge Blogs.

Card recipe:
Cardstock -SU!, melon mambo, certainly celery, whisper white
Patterned paper- My Mind's Eye
Ink-SU!
Scallop punch- SU!
Stamp set - SU!, Thoughts &Prayers
Accessories- rhinestones, ribbon, Cuttlebug, embossing folder

I just love how this card turned out. Today my dept. signed the card and gave it to the math teacher. She loved and was very appreciative. The greatest joy about making cards is being able to share them with people and making them smile.

Thanks for looking, and as always, Happy Stampin' and Scrappin'

Marlo

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: