Saturday, August 13, 2011

So forgetful these days...

Going back to work after having the summer off has been a bit of a challenge. I can't seem to remember what I need to get done. My mind is still on vacation. I think I may need to start keeping a calendar handy.

One thing I keep forgetting to do is post my cards or projects on time for the various challenges that are out in the blogging world.

Mojo Monday sketch challenge 202 was one of my favorite sketches of the week. I used the sketch to make a card for a co-worker. I failed to take pics of the card. Later in the week wanted to use up the scraps so I made another card using the sketch, only I changed it up a tad. This is the Mojo Monday sketch.




Isn't it awesome? My second attempt at this sketch incorporated all the same papers.



Only this time I rotated the sketch and made a much larger flower. I used two different size scallop punches. I distressed the pieces by folding them back and forth. This allowed the paper to separate so I can pull them apart. One side is velvety. I alternated the velvety side and normal side to layer the pieces. I used the smaller scallop punch for the center of the flower. It made it look more fuller. I topped it off with a rhinestone. The leaves are ribbon.






Instead of three ribbon strips I chose to use three rows of small rhinestones.


The inside of the card is edged with strips of the same paper. Doing this helps me use up my scraps. You'll notice that this card is using all the same papers as the card in my previous post. Again, both of these cards were made with scraps.



Card recipe:
Patterned paper by My Mind's Eye
Cardstock by Stampin' Up!
Stamp set by Stampin' Up!, Thoughts & Prayers
Ink by Stampin' Up!
Scallop, scallop border, and tag punch by Stampin' Up!
Rhinestones, ribbon

Thanks for looking. If you need some inspiration or feel the you lost your mojo, head on over to Mojo Monday.

Happy stampin' and scrappin'!
Marlo

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: