Wednesday, January 2, 2008

2008 Goals

I visit many blogs each day, one is Ali Edward's. Her blog is always so encouraging and uplifting. She always gives you something to think about. For 2008, she was asking her readers to come up with one word to describe their goal for this new year. I chose, "FULFILL." I want to fulfill some of my long term life goals.


The first is to graduate from APU. This is something I should have done 15 years ago, but life and family were far more important. If all goes well, I should finish APU on 12/17/08 with an estimated graduation date of 12/20/08, just days after I turn 40.


I also need to pass the CSET test for teachers. I will be taking it in March and I'm totally freaking already. I have a great group of classmates that will be with me on this journey. We will start having study sessions so that we can do well on this test.


In the beginning of last year Jim and I were messing around with some ideas. We love to dirt bike ride, go to races and rock climbing events. We live in an area that caters to that sport. Our joking around lead to some fantastic ideas and we have compiled them up. We want so badly to act upon our ideas and open up this business. We just have no clue where to start. We have people saying, "We know this guy that can do this, and we know someone who can do that." But...still no emails or calls from any of them. 2008 is going to be the year we do this. I don't care what I have to do, we are doing this. I know nothing about graphic design or where to start, but I'm going to find a way. Even if it means going door to door to get the answers. So...stay tuned, you will see our business get off it's feet.


Another thing I need to get going is my scrapbooking. I've not done much of that lately. I seem to do alot of cards and altered stuff lately. I'm totally missing my scrapping. Plus, I have this cute little guy to scrap about.


Last on my "must do" list is visit with my TCC friends. These are true friends that have been a part of my life for almost 8 years. We've all been through alot with eachother's lives. Even though we all live so far apart, we still manage to have this great connection with each other. It's been a while since we've had a TCC event and we all miss them. So, hopefully this year we can all be together again like old times. There is nothing as awesome as our time together.


Now to get my bum in gear and get started on FULFILLING my dreams/goals. Toodles for now. I will leave you with a pic of Nathan and me. This was the day we were leaving the hospital. I was on zero sleep and had major bags. Isn't he just the cutest little thing.?


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, how sweet he is. I love his hoodie, and you were not kidding about the hair. My kids don't even have that much after a year, lol.

As far as fulfilling your goals I am sure you are going to soar through this stuff. You seem to have a positive outlook on life and a go-get-em personality. Make sure you put yourself first sometimes and you will succeed (though I know that can get tough with family).

Have a Happy New Year!!

Julie said...

Ahhhh Marlo he is a little doll!!! Congrats again! I can't wait to see him IRL!
It's about time you caved in and got one of these! *L*
Miss ya girlie!!