Friday, January 25, 2008

Crazy Busy

Whoaaa!! Where did these days go? I swear I lost 3 days here. It's been a busy week, like most others, but for some reason I'm wiped out today. Tuesday we headed down to Pasadena and spent the night in a fancy Marriot hotel. All of us, including Val and the baby. We had to be in Glendale at 6 a.m. for Val to take her State Board of Cosmotology Exam. She was super nervous and even cried the night before. She was ready to give up. I was her model....YIKES!!! I'll tell you, what a stressful test. First she had her practical for 5 hours. I had to sit there and let her chop my hair off (so much for my cute haircut!), then she did a serious of other stuff. I ended up leaving with my hair plastered down with 2 bottles of gel! Ugh!! After the practical, she had a two hour written exam. When she was done she called me and said it was hard. She didn't think she did well. By 3 p.m. she had her results...she PASSED!!!!! She is officially a licensed hairdresser. She was so excited and in tears. Jim and I were in tears too! LOL She really needed this and we did too. Last year was a long year for us so we needed this year to start on a better note.

Val drove up that night, late. The pass was a mess, it had been snowing for a few hours. She was freaking out and had to call Jim to talk her through it. Little did we know that just after she came up, they closed the pass down for the night...too dangerous the news said. Thank God she arrived safe.

The rest of the week has been busy with homework and sewing classes. I keep telling myself I'm going to do some creating out in my scrapbook room, but I just can't find the time. This weekend is even a busy weekend. Saturday I have a field trip for APU. A group of us will be going to Calico Ghost Town out passed Barstow. We are making it a family thing since there is much for the children to do. Then I have a company party to attend with Jim. Hopefully the weather will cooperate and we can make it down the pass safely and then back home. My friend, Ali, is coming into town and I don't even think I'll get to see her. The sad part is, she'll be very close by. I'm not happy about that one bit. Hopefully I'll get to see her soon.

We are pretty water logged here in Apple Valley. We've had some wet cold days and they are suppose to continue over the weekend. No snow though, which I'm not happy about. I need a snow day!

Hopefully next week will be a bit calmer and I can actually get some fun work done. I need to make some Valentine cards for my family and students.

toodles for now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

congrats to val. how fun u guys all went down and stayed in a fancysmancy hotel. glad everyoned made it home safely. we're gonna head down the hill next weekend. i might even do some sb shopping!

lynda