Saturday, May 31, 2008

Counting down to summer vacation...

the count is slow!! We are down to the last two weeks of school. I'm excited. It's been a long school year. Plus, it just means me being closer to getting my own classroom. Yeehaw!!

We spent the week and weekend moving my sister and brother-in-law. There brand new, beautiful home is finished. They signed their life away on the dotted line and moved their stuff in. Their house is beautiful, I'm so excited for them.

And, well, I'm happy for me too. Now I have family close by. They are 5 minutes away, 10 at the most. We spend alot of time with them anyhow, so now it'll just be even better because we won't have to make the 1 1/2 hour drive. Plus, they have lots of rooms, that means baby making time. LOL

Jim was out of town AGAIN!! I'm getting really sick of it, but it pays the bills. He's home for one day and then back out to Indy for a week. I'm living like a single middle-aged woman with kids. Something is wrong with this picture.

Last night was crop night. We had a full house, and 4 didn't end up showing up. It's always a fun evening with the girls, they just keep us laughing. I got quite a bit done, which was nice. I plan to finish my projects up and get them hung in my room. Can't wait.

I also have been working on more purses and patterns. I just got hooked up with a graphic designer that will be illustrating my designs and plotting them out. So cool!! I'm hoping they will be ready for a Trunk Show on June 28. This will hopefully be my DEBUT. Keeping my fingers crossed. If not, then I'm hoping to hit the Quilt Market in the fall. We'll see.

I'm off to bed now, it's been a long day.

Thanks for stopping by and peeking in on me.

m

2 comments:

Angie said...

let us know next time Jim is in Indy- we'd love to have him over.
have you considered selling your purses on etsy?
and on a final note, tell Jim we sold the boat and now have a Harley Road King in our garage!

Team Immel said...

i can't wait to see/hear about your "debut"!

i'm glad to hear you have family closer by and that school is almost out! i'm sorry jim is away so much right now!

i can't wait to see the purses and goodies you create!!!

have a great week!
xoxox
shauna