Monday, June 16, 2008

Father's Day Weekend

It was a busy weekend. We first celebrated my sister Natalie's 26th birthday and housewarming party. She had a lot of guests in her new home, including children spilling things on her new couch and floor. She was a good sport though, and didn't complain about it.

On Father's Day we took my in-laws out to lunch at our favorite Mexican restuarant, La Casita. We had a nice time visiting and eating. Later we came home to get the pool ready. Ohh, just about 1 month late. Natalie and Steve came over to help, but instead they had a water fight. With 100+ temps, it was a welcome surprise.

My father-in-law and Jim are always dressed alike. It's really funny because we'll show up to a party or to have dinner together and they are dressed like twins. This happened on Saturday for Nat's party and on Father's Day. We get a real kick out of it. When we used to attend the same church, this happened often. They would be dressed in the same colors. People always knew they were family, not to mention they look alike.

Poor Natalie got drenched. This was her Happy Birthday gift from the kids.


Last weekend when my brother-in-law, John and his familiy were visiting from Kentucky, we had a family bbq. All the guys played football for hours. It got a little wild at times. They are all so competitive. It was nice to see Daniel fit right in the guys. I think Val was relieved also. By the end of the evening all the guys were hurting, especially Daniel. His asthma kicked in, but he wouldn't stop.

John and Daniel going head to head.

Nathaniel was an onlooker watching his daddy play football. There were times Val had to look away because the guys were being too rough.


The first weekend John was here, the guys played basketball. My nephews are really into sports and love to play. They kept the old guys moving, including grandpa.

This is John's wife, Ligia. While they were here in Cali, they celebrated thier 16th wedding anniversary. Both Ligia and I meet the boys at the same time. We even double dated. Jim and I married 5 months later. I remember making all the dresses for her wedding, they were peach. At the time it was her favorite color, she hates it now. Ligia has always been a nice sister-in-law. We aren't close and we are very different, but she is very kind and she's a very good mom. Her boys really respect her.



And of course, I had to post another pic of my little guy. I didn't get to see him this weekend. So, I'm going through withdrawals. Two weeks is too long to not be with him. Thank goodness they'll be up here this coming weekend. He'll be 6 months on Saturday. Too fast. I will be doing a photoshoot on Saturday. LOL
Thanks for sticking with me. I think my blog ends up being more of a photo blog, but hey, it keeps it interesting.
Note**If you are in the area on Friday, June 20, we will be scrapping at 6:30 p.m. We are having a bbq. We have 3 new gals that joined our group and will be here. Come on over and join us. The more the merrier!!
xo, m


2 comments:

Team Immel said...

i love all of your photos!!!
it sure looks like you all had a great father's day! what fun to have so many family members together!
xoxo
shauna

Angie said...

Love all the photos! Looks like good family times.
Miss you lots!