Monday, June 9, 2008

Saying Goodby Stinks

We had the pleasure of seeing Jim's brother and his family for the last week and a half. They live in Bowling Green, Kentucky. They moved four years ago to make a better life for themselves and that they have done.

We were lucky enough to visit them 2 years ago, but since then we hadnt' seen them. They came out to Cali this passed week and we had a blast. The 3 boys have grown so much and were so fun to be around. James was in heaven. Eventhough they hadn't seen eachother in so long, it was as if the boys were never seperated. The four of them had the time of their life. James is really sad they have to leave.

We enjoyed breakfast, dinners and bbqs with them. Tonight we had our last dinner and then had to say goodbye. It totally sucked. I was very sad. Sad for my kids, mostly James. I wish they could grow up together, they are so alike, so silly, so funny, just alot of fun.

I think I'm going to start saving my pennies so we could go out there next summer or bring the boys here for the summer.

Anyhow, thanks for listening to my ramblings. LOL I have to get some pics to post.

xo,marlo

2 comments:

Team Immel said...

It's always so hard to say goodbye.

Cousins are great. I grew up around a gadzillion of them. Nothing like having a whole slew of friends to play with.

I think alternating places for the summers would be great fun for the boys!

You were lucky to get to see them! But I'm so sorry you had to say "goodbye for now"

xoxo
shauna

Julie said...

Hi Marlo! Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog about Patrick! That let me find your blog again, because for the life of me I haven't been able to find it and I was just thinking last night that I wish I could find it again *L*
I saw Jenny today and we chatted for a while. I sure miss you two!!
Nathaniel is a little doll!!! Sounds like you have been so busy!! School is over now so hopefully you will get some down time.
Miss you tons girlie! ((hugs))