Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas 2010

Take 12. Let's try this again. It is very annoying when this blogging thing does not work.

Life over the last year has been very busy and hectic. New teaching position and district, kid's activities, training upon training for work, Jim's new job, graduating with my master's degree and then enrolling for my clear credential and Autism certification, and then everyday life. Wow! There have been many things I've neglected in the last 12 months. I tried to get in some time to scrap and stamp, at least once a month if nothing more.

The one thing I wanted most was to make my Christmas cards and actually send them out. Well, I made some and managed to get them mailed out on the 23rd of December. I needed at least 100 cards but made only 30. They were not what I wanted, but I thought these would be quick and easy since I had very little time to get them mailed. They were easy, but they were not quick; hence, only 30 cards.

Here is a peek at my 2010 Christmas card.


The supplies:
All card stock, silver cording, and dazzling diamond glitter by Stampin' Up!
Patter paper by DCWV, part of a paper pack.
Ribbon and tulle from Fabric Barn.
Iridescent shimmer mist by Stewart Superior.
Foam tape, rhinestones, and chipboard from my over flowing stash, source unknown.

Tools used:
CuttleBug and Sizzix ornament dies.

I first began by spraying all the card bases with shimmer mist. This was done both inside and outside of card. While those dried, I ran the chipboard and pattern paper through the die cutting machine. I glued the pattern paper to the chipboard and then embellished the ornament. I adhered the cording and the ornament to a solid color card stock mat. This was then glued to base of card. I added the tulle or ribbon and the rhinestone. It was very simple, but time consuming since I had to wait on things to dry.

Thanks for looking...I will be back later in the week with others goodies to share.

Happy Monday!!
XOXO,
Marlo


-posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: