Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Happy 79th Birthday Grandma Mercy!

Today is a special day...Grandma celebrates her 79th birthday. We are so blessed to be able to celebrate another year of her life. God has truly blessed her with good health and has taken care of her financially.




I'm a very lucky girl to have wonderful Grandma. I have so many fond memories of our times together. As a little girl my favorite place to be was with her. One of my most memorable times with her was when I was about 5 years old. We went to McMan's Furniture store to make a payment. We were parked on the side along the street when I heard a man call out, "Mercy!" This man happen to be her old high school boyfriend, Cando (said with a Spanish accent). She hadn't seen him in over 20 years. Grandma had just divorced Honey, my grandpa. Needless to say, Grandma and Cando started dating. This was a turning point for our family.

Shortly after, Grandma Mercy got very sick and ended up in the hospital. This was sometime in the early 70's. I remember sitting in this tiny waiting room watching all the adults crying and upset. From what I understand, they were there to basically say their 'goodbyes'. The doctors did not give Grandma much time, only hours. Cando was a Christian who believed in the power of prayer, and he believed that God could heal my Grandma. He had all the people from his church praying for her. Pastor Sam Gamboa, from the Good Shepherd Bible Church, prayed over my Grandma.

That was over 35 years ago! God not only answered our prayers, but He healed my Grandma. To this day she has been in good health with only having a common cold every now and then. Our family hasn't been the same since. Because of Grandma and Cando, our family has been serving God ever since. Oh, and Cando became my Grandpa, whom I loved so very much.

I have so many other wonderful memories, but this one is part of our family legacy, four generations later.


I love my Grannie so much...
Thank you Jesus for the most wonderful, loving, beautiful Grandma a girl could ever ask for.

Happy Birthday Grandma! I love you so very much.




XOXO,
Marlo
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: