Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah!!

First I have to wish my bro, Al, a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! He is 40-something today. He is the oldest and the craziest, but we love him that way. Happy Birthday Bro!!

Whew!! I forgot how hard it was to care for an infant 24/7. I had Nathaniel here for a few days. Val just started working so I thought I'd keep the baby for a few days so she could save on daycare fees. Wow! I'm totally wiped out. He is a good baby too! He just started teething. Crazy as he's only 3 months. But I could totally see and feel his little teeth. Sweet little guy went home today and I'm totally missing him. Jenny and I went out for coffee tonight after class and I just chilled...needed that after caring for a little one. I'm glad my baby making days are over and now I can just enjoy every one else's. Here is a cute pic of Nathaniel. He hates hats and beenies so my sister was pulling out all his beenies and trying them on him. He finally got mad and started to cry. I just love how he looks in hats, he looks like a little elf. Just don't tell Val, she'll kill us.


Well, I made great progress on the quincinera dresses. They are very pretty and so retro in color. Very 80's. I feel like I'm in a time warp. LOL
When we were in San Diego, we went to Julian, a cute little town in the mountains. It's very pretty up there. I've wanted to go there and do some apple picking, hopefully I can this coming season. While there we went and had the best apple pie in town at MOM'S. This place is fabulous and packed!! It was worth the long, long drive. The little town has alot of great little shops and the people were so friendly. I definitely need to go back.


We are headed to Dumont this weekend. I'm trying to act like I'm totally excited, but I'm really not. I really don't want to spend the weekend in sand dunes. I was hoping to head to a resort before heading back to work, but looks like I'll be a sand bunny instead. LOL I wish I could just send the family and stay home alone. Man...that would be ideal. I think I would do the whole Risky Business deal...dance around the house in a t and undies. LOL


I'm working on plans for National Scrapbook Day. The girls are really excited as many of them are new to scrapbooking and stamping. Should be a fun day if I could just decide on a theme. If you don't have NSD plans and would like to join us, come on over. We usually have a great time. This year will be with a whole new group. I'm excited and sad at the same time. I really miss my old group and friends. However, this new group is new to it all and have a whole different energy and excitement. Speaking of scrapbooking, has anyone tried this? I have two Crop-a-diles and love them. I thought about buying this new one, but I haven't. I know...SHOCKING!! But I'm really trying to buy only what I need...yeah, right, but anyways, I don't have this. I would love to hear some reviews.


Ahhh, and congrats to Angie Knight who just had her first baby girl, Grace. I'm so excited for her and can't wait to meet her. She is our little cowgirl in training.
Okie dokie, I should head to bed and do some reading. I just finished reading, "Daniel Isn't Talking," forgot the author's name, but it's a great book about a family that has a son with Autism. It's fiction, but I'm sure there was alot of truth in it and with what families have to deal with. Great read. I just started "Back on Blossom Street," by Debbie MacComber. I love her books, very light hearted and easy reading. This is the third in this series. It's about friendships, cancer, divorce, marriage, adoption, anything relating to life really. Should be done with in by the weekend. If you have any books to recommend, pass it along. The weekend in Dumont is going to be my time to read in the trailer while everyone else is riding.
Toodles and goodnight!


3 comments:

Team Immel said...

ooooh what a cute baby in the beanie!!!! just want to hug and squeeze him! Does Nathanial have a nickname? Like Nathan or Nate? Love his name. What an awesome grandma you are to watch him for several days. I can only imagine how cool that must be! I hope I live to be a grandma!

Happy bday to your bro!

So glad you got away and got to play. That restaurant sounds divine!

NSD sounds exciting! You will have so much fun. I haven't heard of the Big Bite. Sounds cool. I'm so out of the scrapbook scene right now. I miss my job something fierce.

xoxo
si

ali said...

Oh, Marlo! Nathaniel is just adoarable! What a cutie-patootie! Those cheeks! They are just screaming for squeezes and kisses!!!

LOL and the Risky Business idea! Marlo dancing around in a T and undies! I love it!

Anonymous said...

What are you talking about???!! LOL You totally NEED the Big Bite! I have it and it's great for punching holes or setting eyelets, etc. when you need to reach far into the paper. Plus you can punch through some really thick stuff and metal tins!

Cute pic of Nathaniel!!
Hugs!