Wednesday, April 16, 2008

HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY WCC!!

Well, it's been 1 year since we started a new scrapbook group, West Coast Croppers. Originally I started this group for my SU! customers. Most were new to stamping and scrapbooking and wanted thier own time to do projects. I had one particular customer that wanted to join my stamp club, but said she'd only do it if we met on a regular basis. So we did. The girls began opening up their homes once a month on Sundays.


It was then that an old friend, who wanted nothing to do with stamping and scrapping, tells me she is 'starting' to get into it. Let me tell you, she is the one that gets 8-20 pages done at a crop night. They are elaborate too!! She plans well.


We officially decided to open a Yahoo group for our stamp club April 17th, 2007. We celebrated National Scrapbook Day together, then held our first official crop night in June. This first year has been good to us. We have new friendships, some old, lots of completed scrapbook pages, tons of handmade cards, weddings, quincineras, babies, adoptions,...you name, we've had it. Each crop night is eventful. I'm totally in awe of this first year. I'm thrilled to see what our 2nd year holds.


If all goes well, we will host our own bus tour throughout So. Cal and host a weekend retreat before this year is up.


So...HAPPY BIRTHDAY WEST COAST CROPPERS!!!


Here's to many more! CHEERS!

3 comments:

ali said...

Happy Birthday WCC! I'd love to scrap with ya'll some day! Actually, that may be a possibility! I see me visiting you a time or two over the next 4 years Marlo! I'm SOOOOO looking forward to it! Hugs girlfriend!

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! Congratulations on your first of many!

Team Immel said...

happy bday and congrats!!!!

way to go! what an accomplishmnet!

you gals rock!
xoxo
shauna